Saturday, January 5, 2008

Laser sailing Croatia 2007-5 days,180 Nm


This time the idea was more ambicious. I had Dubrovnik back in my mind, but... This year I took much less equipment than past year to be faster. So there where much more problems insted. On the first day I was sailing into strong south wind and in the middle of Velebit chanel I realised my boat is ful of water-wtf!? Than I reached beach with a lot of dificulty. Because sombody stole plastic to close the small hole in hull I just used duck tape and it didn't work. Well I fixed the problem but water enterd into my waterprof bags and everything was wet. And you can't dry salty things so they started to smell. I was sailing for 12-14 hours per day and my back started to hurt. And there was strong south-east wind all the time and south-east was my direction. So I had enought near Zadar and I turned back. I was progresing much better with wind into my back and on last day I did 55 Nm in 9 hours:) I sold my laser than to by sailing boat for more people. I will have great memories on all three adventures till end of the days.
(clik map for more pictures)

No comments: