Sunday, September 25, 2011

Laser2 sailing, 36days, 2000km, From Slovenia to Albania and back.




Big seas and strong winds bring romantic to sailing and sea. But what is the real experience of the sea? I always admired single-handed sailors and especially those who sailed with no engine and Joshua Slocum being my favorite. So years ago I tried that with Laser sailing boat and fell in love with this kind of sailing. After that many voyages followed. I never knew which wind will blow in few days, where will I sleep, where will I get fresh water and food and most importantly what is going to happen next day. This is adventure. This year I bought Laser2 sailing boat and equipped it with two hatches and radar reflector. I took food for 2 weeks, 25 liters of water and other equipment and sailed south. It was beginning of June and the weather was still quite cold, but it was getting warmer every day. I would wake up with sunrise and sail all day. I anchored in remote bays. Sometimes I sailed all day and night with 32 hours being the maximum.  I turned back in Albania and sailed trough beautiful Monte Negro, Croatia and Slovenia. I did more than 1100 Nm in 36 days. I had all kind of winds but managed to sail every day, except for 3 days when very strong south wind blew. I capsized ones in 30 kn wind and ran for shelter with flock. Besides that I had no dangerous situations. Although I was looking for remote areas I met some exceptional people. With that and with nice sailing this trip leaves unforgettable memories and experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sailing Holidays Croatia you live every moment of, experiences you’ll love forever and areas that this fascinating country has to offer.